Friday, December 21, 2018

Day Ten

I wrapped Christmas presents tonight. It's.. not my gift. My favorite wrapping strategy is when it's 'from the dogs or cats' and in order to be convincing, I wrap it like a truck ran over it.

But I do the best I can. I think I end up using way too much tape, and when I cut wrapping paper it tears, and when I do several gifts for the same person in a row I try to think of creative names to address that person as. For example, my dad calls me "Turd" so I call him "Turd, Senior." Tonight I addressed one of my sister's presents "To Hogwarts from Westeros."

Today was alright- we exchanged Secret Santa gifts at work and my sister showed me a new internet game. My dad cooked me rice and salmon! And I used rigid collodion and gelatin to make a sort of Harry Potter lightning bolt scar, just because it was fun.

Every year, I do a Christmas craft for a few of my closest family members-- one year, I did personalized mugs (decorated them with the person's initials and my artwork with sharpies) and one year I made magic wands! Obviously I cannot yet reveal this year's Christmas craft, but I will say, it's a weird one. Purely whimsical! I'll share pictures after Christmas.

My sister and I sent our Mama a package the other day,.. I hope she gets it tomorrow!

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. really excited to hear what your gifts this year are :) I always love making holiday gifts and get super into it. mine also change by the year--I've done watercolors/prints, homemade face scrubs, cookies, etc...Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete