Monday, January 14, 2019

Day 34- I Must Confess...

I can be really annoying sometimes.

You gasp! Oh, it's true. I can be EXTREMELY irritating. IF I had to sum up one quality that leads to my most vexing behavior, I would say... "obsessive." It's my tendency to be obsessive about things that does it most.

How?

When I get into a new book series, or TV show, or band, or hobby, or DINOSAURS, etc., I let the whole world know! I talk about it and blog about it and buy t-shirts. 

But mostly, it's my OCD tendencies that drive my loved ones MAD. I am a checker. An obsessive, ANNOYING, uncontrollable, non-stop CHECKER. I do it at home by myself all the time, which is nice since there's no one to bother:

"Is my fridge closed with no cats inside?"
"Is my stove on?"
"Are my alarms set?"
"Do I know where all three cats are?"
"Did I turn my lights off?"
"Am I SURE the cats aren't in the fridge?"
"What time is it? Really? Better check again."
"CHECK. CHECK. CHECK."
But it's out with my family that I tend to get super annoying. I make lists and repeat them several times to whoever is around. We make plans, and ten minutes later, I ask my loved ones to repeat the plans, as if they changed in the last ten minutes. I do it all the time. I annoy MYSELF!! I drive them crazy and I can't blame them for getting peeved because I know if our places were switched I'd get awfully tired of it too. 

It's just something that I have to try to work on. Trusting myself.

And I'm sorry to my family :( Thank you for putting up with me!!

I love you.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment